Sunday, March 25, 2012

One World: Episode 6


     In all honesty, there really isn't too much to talk about in this episode.  Colton was once again the center of attention  I just wanted to mention how disgusting Colton and Alicia's behavior was to Christina.  Colton has definitely been the villain and mastermind this season, and he was who I was rooting for to win the entire game.  However, his behavior was hard to watch.  His social game probably would have cost him the game if he made the final three. 

     Colton became really ill to the point of almost not being able to move.  Greg (Tarzan) had concerns of it being dehydration or possibly something worse.  Finally, the medical team came in, did some tests, and theorized about him having appendicitis.  Colton was medivaced out of the game.  He had the option on what he wanted to do with the immunity idol.  He wanted Alicia to tell Sabrina, "Thanks for the souvenir."  I absolutely know without a shadow of a doubt that if it was me, I would have given the immunity idol to someone no one would ever expect - - someone who was in danger of getting kicked out of the game.  I would have loved to continue to have an impact in such a way that it could possibly change the course of the game.  If you love the game of Survivor like you so claim, mix things up a little bit.  It would have been great to see Colton give the idol to Christina, but of course that did not happen.

     After Colton was taken out of the game, the two tribes were told to meet at tribal council.  The Salani tribe was informed of Colton's departure and the two tribes were told that they are now merged!  This is probably my favorite part of the game because it is typically when the back-stabbing and conniving begins.  What makes it even more exciting is that there are an equal number of men and women.  I don't think the new Salani and Manono members were really together long enough for new alliances to stick.  I think this game will play out men versus women unless someone decides to flip.  I definitely think that Sabrina, Kat, Kim, and Chelsea are going to stay strong.  It will be interesting to see if Alicia remains in the mix.  After throwing Monica and Christina under the bus, she clearly cannot be trusted and should be the first person to go out of the newly formed tribe.  I could also see Christina voting with the guys since she was not in the original all-woman alliance.  I definitely believe the men will turn on each other before the women do, thus the men might get kicked off one by one.  I can see three women in the final three.  I'm anxious to see what happens next week.  Will original alliances remain strong?  What about the alliances that were formed over the past two weeks?  Or will new bonds be created?

     At this point in the game, I am rooting for Christina.  I think that she is the underdog this season and would love to see her make it far.  The best that she could do with the women is final 6, but could definitely go further if she goes with the guys.  I know that I would still be thinking about the numbers.  I know that if I was in the finals, I would want more men on the jury than the women. . . and if a woman is in the final, she should want more women on the jury than men.   I cannot wait to see what happens next!  Goodbye Colton!


Eliminated:  Colton Cumbie - the 21 year-old from Monroeville, Alabama

Until next time. . .

Twitter:  the_timgilmore

No comments:

Post a Comment