Sunday, May 13, 2012

One World: Finale

     Well, this is it!  We are at the end of yet another season.  Before I get started with the three-hour finale, I just want to recap what I said about all of the cast members prior to the start of the show, so I can see how accurate I was about how things were going to play out.  Also, I just wanted to say that I knew that the women would stick together to vote out the men.  I accurately predicted this from the very beginning!  I think I said something along the lines of. . . in previous seasons, women are much more likely to stick together than men.  This is exactly what happened!  Tarzan was the only male to last longer than a woman after the merge.  So, kudos to that crazy, crazy, well-spoken man. 

     I currently predicted that Monica and Nina would be in an alliance.  I also knew that Nina would get targeted early due to the fact that she was the oldest woman on the tribe.  This was correct. 

     I think I didn't give Jay enough credit.  He made it further in the game than I thought he would be.  However, I did say that he would end up being a push-over, which was definitely the case.  He did whatever Colton told him to do, and eventually got taken out by the women.  He did have more fight in him than I thought he would have, so I have to give credit where credit is due. 

     I gave Christina way more credit than I should have.  I was accurate in the fact that I said she would go far in the game.  However, she made it that far because no one deemed her to be a threat.  Everyone else carried her along and used her as an extra vote - - that's all.  I'm ready for her to get the boot tonight!  No final three for you, sweety. 

     Kat made it further than I thought she would, all because she was able to get into the five-woman alliance on the first day.  If this wouldn't have happened, she would have been out fairly early.  Good job, Kat.  You made it further than I thought you would...and you were fairly entertaining, as well. 

     I really didn't have much to say about Michael.  I knew that he would be one of the least entertaining people of the season.  He was too afraid to make any big moves.  He did make it to the merge, though, so kudos to him. 

     I didn't think that Leif would make it to the merge due to the fact that he was the first "little person" the game has ever seen.  I knew that people would not want to go to the final three with him due to the sympathy vote.  Leif also did really well in the challenges, which I was not expecting.

     I made an accurate assumption about Kourtney.  I knew that she wouldn't make it far in the game (even though the reason she was taken out of the game was due to an injury).  We didn't have much of an opportunity to see what she was all about.

     I knew that Jonas was going to be the chef of the season, and he played this to his full advantage.  He stuck around until the women decided that they didn't need him anymore. 

     Bill was taken out before the merge, which is what I predicted.  He tried too hard to be the nice guy, which was his ultimate downfall.  He didn't have enough fight in him to make it far in the game.  Colton took the opportunity to vote him out of the game early on. 

     I knew that if Matt was going to make it far in the game, he would have to take a step back and not let his ego get in the way.  This did NOT happen.  Matt was too cocky in this game, which was his ultimate downfall.

     Sabrina succeeded in what she set out to do.  She said that she normally loves to talk and entertain people, but she was aware of the fact that she would need to take a step back in order to go far in the game.  She did just that!  She was the original leader of the women's tribe, which garnered her a lot of respect from the other women in her tribe.  She was also able to make a solid alliance, which got her to the end of the game.

    I accurately predicted that Chelsea and Kim would form an early bond.  This ultimate alliance is taking the two girls to the end of the game.  Her adaptability essentially got her to the end of the game.  She said that she didn't have a clear strategy prior to going in.  She just wanted to figure things out as she went along.  She did that the entire game.  She absolutely has played one of the best games I've ever seen, and I will be completely shocked if she doesn't take home the gold.

     The only two things I said about Tarzan prior to the start of the season was how weird he is, and that he would be the Phillip Sheppard of the season.  Those two statements were correct.  The only reason why he got as far as he did was because he was willing to do whatever the women wanted him to do.  He really didn't have a long-term goal in this game, in my honest opinion.

     I knew that Troyzan was going to be good in challenges.  I also predicted that Colton would see Tarzan and Troyzan as outcasts, and he would take them under his wing.  This was absolutely correct!  Amazing! :)

     I knew that Alicia would go far because of the fact that she is  bitch.  People would want to take her far in the game because she would not get alot of votes at the final council.  She really had no chance in hell at winning the game.  I also mentioned that she would be the woman who America hated this season.  I think I was accurate in this assessment. 

     Monica was unable to get into an early alliance with the women, which was her ultimate downfall.  She was seemed as too big of a physical threat, and she was too nice.  The women took her out early on due to these factors. 

     There were so many things about Colton that I was right about.  He made an alliance with the older men of the tribe, which saved his ass at the first tribal council.  He was the diva and the villain of the season.  He was not able to keep his mouth shut, whatsoever.  He was rude and crude.  I really wish that he wouldn't have gotten injured, because I would have loved to see him make it to the merge and take on the women of the other tribe.  I would love to see him come back for another season.  Heroes vs. Villains part 2? 

-------------

     Let's get to the season finale!  They are really focusing a lot on Kim on this episode.  She is trying to play the best strategic game that will win her the money.  However, at this point in the game, I believe it is necessary to maintain a level of integrity and honesty.  Kim has been bestfriends with Chelsea from day one, and I don't think it would be wise to stab her in the back.  Right now Kim has two options, she could take Alicia and Christina to the end with her because she thinks that this would be an easy win for her.  Or, she could fight it out with Chelsea and Sabrina.  Even though she would have a better chance at winning against Alicia and Christina, I don't think she has anything to worry about.  If she turns on Sabrina and Chelsea, people could be bitter and not give her the money.  So, it's a tricky situation. 

     Kim once again won immunity.  Chelsea is expecting Kim to give the hidden immunity idol to her.  I'm not sure this is the best thing for Kim to do.  If she pulls it out, the other women might get pissed off at her because she didn't tell them that she had it.  I think it is ridiculous how confident everyone is about not going home.  There are only four people who could potentially get votes.  One of you are going home tonight.  Is this not ringing a bell? 

     In a 3 to 2 vote, Alicia was voted out!  It's been a long-time coming.  I think it's funny that she got voted out before Christina, but she'll be right behind Alicia.  FINALLY!  I probably have not liked a player less than Christina.  Completely worthless.  I couldn't help but notice the colorful remarks that Kat kept saying.  She said that she got backstabbed, just like Alicia did.  Please, girl.  You're ridiculous.  Get over yourself!  I'm hoping she votes for Kim to win the money.  It's the right thing to do!  Don't be a bitter jury member! 


Eliminated:  Alicia Rosa, the 25-year-old Special Education Teach from Chicago, Illinois


     Alicia knew that her downfall was turning on Tarzan.  Duh, should have forced a tie!  Lesson learned - - this is a game for a million dollars.  You cannot put all of your trust in one person!  You're not the only person playing the game.  You have to question everything someone tells you! 

     I've never really liked the Fallen Comrads portion of the show.  It seems scripted and fake.  You got rid of them for one reason or another.  But of course, they always act like they loved everyone.  Yeah right!

     In the final individual immunity challenge, it was neck and neck between Christina and Kim.  Kim proved yet again why she is amazing.  It was her fourth individual immunity win!  She's a beast, and now she is in the final three.  This is her game to lose!

     I thought it was completely ridiculous that Christina did not try to fight to stay in the game.  She said that she didn't want to be "blindsided."  She wanted to know if it was going to be her.  Kim told her that she would be going home.  Why the hell did you just give up?  Convince Kim that you would be the wiser decision to take to the finals than Chelsea or Sabrina!  What is wrong with you?  Yet again why I am so ready for you to go home.  Absolutely ridiculous!  Jeff even called her out.  It doesn't make sense to give up a million dollar game. 

In a 3 to 1 vote, Christina is the final jury member, and we are left with our final three of Sabrina, Chelsea, and Kim - - just as I predicted over a month ago! 



Eliminated:  Christina Cha, the 29-year-old Career Consultant from Los Angeles, California


     Now the time has come for the final tribal council.  One thing that I absolutely hate is when the jury members are bitter.  Yes, it makes for an interesting tribal, but get over it!  The people in the final three in one way or another O, O, O'ed you!  They deserve to be there more than you.  We really didn't see much hate from the jury members.  I think everyone realized that Kim was the ring-leader. She's got this game in the bag.  I do want to say that you can tell that Kat grew up alot while she was out there.  She gave an amazing speech, and the fact that Chelsea was crying really goes to show that she is an amazing woman with a huge heart. 

     Well, Kim deserved this win.  She is one of the best players to ever play this game.  I would love to see her come back.  Her game was flawless.  Congrats, Kim Spradlin!  You will undoubtedly be a member of the Survivor Hall of Fame one day! 


Sole Survivor:  Kim Spradlin, the 29-year-old Bridal Shop Owner from San Antonio, Texas.

     Lastly, congrats again to Kim for winning the Player of the Season.  America definitely got it right.  You deserved it.  You absolutely were the player of the season.  Good job, chica.

     I really hope everyone enjoyed my posts this season.  I look forward to doing it all over again next season!  We have three returning players who are getting a second chance at becoming the Sole Survivor.  I'm really looking forward to Michael Skupin playing again.  It's been about ten years since we saw him last.  Is he going to be the same person?  Is he going to play the same kind of game he played last time?  It should be interesting to see!  I'll see you guys in the fall!  You can always talk to me on Twitter or find me lurking around the Survivor Whispers Facebook group.  I intend on submitting another audition tape when the time comes.  One of these seasons, you will see me on there!  I love this game so much.

Until next time. . .

Twitter:  the_timgilmore
    

    


    

No comments:

Post a Comment